Sunday, December 5, 2010

To finish the Race

Today was such an amazing day!  I had the opportunity to cheer on my sister-in-law as she completed the half marathon in the White Rock Race today.  It made me think how my faith is like a marathon, not a sprint.  Although right now, I feel like a toddler, learning new words and passages everyday; I know that as I grow and mature in my faith God's word will become deeper and deeper a part of who I am.  I know that as I grow and change and face trials and happy times and sadnesses, God is always the same, always good.

The verse I thought of today was this:
Acts 20:24

"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace."

Another really good one is this:
1 Corinthians 9:24

"Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it."

God wants us to run to him with all our might, to win the prize which is in Him.

Lord God,
Thank you for the task you have set before me, I want to get to You.  I know if I run to You, Lord, you will welcome me with open arms.  amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment