Saturday, December 4, 2010

Romans Chapter 3:10, and 23-24, and 27-28

There are some really tough facts to swallow written in the Bible, telling us about what our faith in Jesus means.  Many of it not so pleasant.  But at the same time, necessary and then comforting and wonderful.


Romans 3:10


"There is none righteous, no, not one." 

wait, none???  Think of the nicest, sweetest, most godly person you know.  Then read this again.  Think of yourself, then read this again.  Think of someone you may see or pass by on the street, and read this again. So, we are all in the same boat, nobody ahead of anyone else. 


Romans 3: 23-24


"for all have sinned and all fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus." 


God is perfect, and I am imperfect, so the only way I can be in His presence is through Christ.


Romans 3:27-28


"Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith.  Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law."


Goes along with yesterday's Ephesians 2:8-9


Dear God,


Thank you for your Son, Jesus, that I may be justified to come before you.  Thank you for Your grace and love for me.  I want my own way, even in writing out what I am reading in Your great words, I feel nervous as to what people will think of me.  Thank you for your faith in me.  Bless all those reading this now, You love them. I love you, Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment