Friday, December 10, 2010

Loving the context in the words

In studying 2 Tim 3, I was just looking around at the surrounding chapters and verses and came upon this:

2 Timothy 2:15
"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

This is so encouraging.  Jesus died once and for all so that we can boldly come before God and tell Him "Jesus died for my sins, therefore; I am not ashamed before you!" I can love God with my whole heart, mind, body without fear.  He did all the work for me, now I live in gratefulness of Him.  But this is an instruction to be diligent (adj. marked by or done with persevering, painstaking effort and care) we can fall into traps of thinking we need to add something to earn grace.  "Approved" is past tense, meaning it is done.  Jesus said on the cross, "It is finished." And the veil was torn!  We are worthy!! I am just amazed sometimes.

Gotta go to work now!

No comments:

Post a Comment