Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Boldness

(Much of this I got from the book The Ultimate Checklist for Life. my husband is a patent and trademark lawyer, so gotta give the right people credit, yesterdays "wisdom" discussion also from this book)


Sometimes I feel that the world portrays Christians as 1 of 2 different stereotypes.  The first, is weak people without their own thoughts or reason.  Passive.  The second, stereotype is the judgmental, self-righteous, and narrow minded.  

Neither one of these is what God intends for us.  I will address the first today.

Hebrews 10:35 says, "Do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord, no matter what happens.  Remember the great reward it brings you!"

We are to be God's warriors, and remember this is not a bully, or you will fall into the second stereotype.  We are to love with a servant's heart, loving and caring for others not intimidating others or bossing them around.  All the while knowing who we are as a child of God.  This is especially important to remember when things get difficult and we face oppositions.

2 Timothy 1:7 says, "God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."

Acts 2:26 "I saw God before me for all time.  Nothing can shake me; he's right by my side.  I'm glad from the inside out, ecstatic; I've pitched my tent in the land of hope."

I will:

See myself as a godly warrior and not as a religious wimp.

Believe that I was created in the image of the almighty God.

Recognize God as the source of my strength.

Approach each day looking for opportunities to win rather than looking for ways to simply survive.

Align myself with other women and men who are living courageous lives for God.

Keep hope at the front of my mind at all times, expecting to be victorious through God's strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment