Monday, December 6, 2010

Cast all your cares on Him

1 Peter 5:7
"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

This is a command, not a request or a suggestion.  This is not God saying, "Oh, if you want, you can tell me about your problems." NO.  Before this is said in the verses beforehand.  v. 5 "God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble." If you think about it, we are going to dump our issues somewhere, I know I will get on the phone and tell my mom or husband or maybe a co-worker about my grievances of the day.  Or I may internalize problems which leads to self-loathing.  But God does not want that for us, it benefits us to actively cast our worries onto Him, because then He gives us grace.

Lord,
I am worried sometimes about the stress my husband is under with work.  You tell us in Psalm 55:22 "Cast your burden on the LORD, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved." take his burdens, Lord, and sustain him.  Take the burden of my worries.  sustain me Lord. We love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment