Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Rest in Peace Grandpa Red

My Grandpa Red died rather suddenly yesterday afternoon while volunteering at the State School in Gainesville, TX. He collapsed and went into a coma, and died at the Denton Hospital only hours later. He will be missed by my Grandma Vicki, wife of 42 years, his 11 step children and his children.  His (26 I believe, someone correct me if I am wrong on this) grandchildren and 13 great grandchildren.  His funeral may be this Thursday, but that is not certain yet.  I remember sitting on his lap when I was about 5 on his favorite chair watching TV with other grandchildren around.

I am blessed with an amazing and loving family.  For all of us mourning at this time, take comfort in the Lord for He is good.

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.  He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.  He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.

Lord,
Thank you for the life of Elmo Self, my Grandpa Red, thank you for your saving grace though Jesus alone.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this sweet post. Grandpa Red would be so proud to know what you wrote. He had 33 grandkids, counting his stepchildren's and his biological chhildren's children.

    ReplyDelete