Monday, December 20, 2010

Prayer for the men in my life

Using Isaiah 41:10

I pray that my Dad will fear not, for You, God, are with him.  That he be not dismayed for You are his God.  I pray that You will strengthen Dad and that You will uphold him with Your righteous right hand.

Using Romans 8:38-39

I pray, God, that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created  thing, shall be able to separate my brother, Dan, from Your love, God, which is in Christ Jesus his Lord.

Using Deuteronomy 31:6

I pray that Grandaddy will be strong and of good courage and that he does not fear nor is he afraid, for You, the Lord his God, are the One who goes with him.  I pray that you will not leave Grandaddy nor forsake him.

Using Colossians 3:12-14

I pray that as the elect of God, holy and beloved, that my husband and I put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, and longsuffering, I pray that we will bear with one another, forgiving one another, if we have a complaint against each other, even as Christ forgave us, so we also must do.  But above all these things help us to put on love, which is the bond of perfection.

1 comment: