Friday, December 3, 2010

The Challenge.

My sister, Aubrey, my cousin, Sean and others have been posting blogs and facebook statuses pertaining to what God is doing in their lives and it has inspired me to do the same.  In my women's small group Bible study, we have been given a 30 day challenge to be in the Word of God everyday for the month of December.  I am not as good with words and decriptions as others, but I can say that over the past year God has taken my life and has made me a disciple of Jesus Christ.  I want to live what Paul said in Romans 1:16, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for EVERYONE who BELIEVES,  for the Jew first and also for the Gentile."

His words are for EVERYONE, just like Lee Strobel said in his documentary, The Case for Christ, "If this Jesus guy is really who he says he is, then this has HUGE implications for my life!!" He also said at the end of his documentary, "I invite you to investigate for yourselves, keep an open mind, do your own research." This man has an amazing testimony.  As an atheist, he felt his life was going fairly well, when his wife, an agnostic, began to attend church with friends became a Christian, he wanted to do an investigation on the historical evidence of Christ.  With an open mind, he came to realize that he, "..would have to have more faith NOT to believe in God, than to believe." Due to all the evidence he found. 

I invite you to this challenge.  Read the Bible everyday for 30 days, look up the words in verses in a dictionary, look at it in the context of other passages.  Ask, what does this implicate for me and my life?? NOTHING is as powerful as Scripture.  And pray, everyday you read His word, pray for the Holy Spirit to reveal his message to you.  

Today, Ephesians 2:4-9 especially look at v. 8-9 at the end. 

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast."

No comments:

Post a Comment