Monday, March 11, 2013

Ode to Famous Infertile Couples: Part 4

I took Sunday off from this week of daily blogging.  Today, I am returning to the book of Genesis to take a look at another couple who struggled with infertility, but God eventually granted them children.

Isaac, the promised son born to Sarah and Abraham found he and his wife also struggling to get pregnant.


Genesis 25:21

"Isaac prayed to the Lord on behalf of his wife, because she was barren.  The Lord answered his prayer, and his wife Rebekah became pregnant." 


I love this because it not only reminds me that God hears our prayers, but that the power of a husband praying for his wife and a wife praying for her husband, I think, is very powerful.  Zach and I pray together almost every night, and I know that God is moving in our lives because of it.  We sometimes text message each other Bible verses of encouragement, during the work day.  Just saying, "I am praying for you right now!" can be so encouraging.

God instructs us to pray to Him, and I am not exactly sure how it all works in the spiritual world, but I know it is powerful.

I have also been very blessed by friends and family praying hard for us.  Thank you for praying on our behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment