Friday, March 8, 2013

Ode to Famous Infertile Couples: Part 2

 I am going to take a break from Biblical couples today.

 I feel like this story is part of my cultural history, in a way.  Being that I am such a TV and movie fan.  I remember watching Superman TV shows and movies as a kid.  I was driving the other day, and this usually overlooked comic book couple came to mind. They provided such reassurance and steadfastness for our lead hero.  I just had to include them in my Ode.

To Martha and Jonathan Kent.






According to Wiki, Martha had always wanted a family.  The Kents led a humble life in the country, and desperately wanted children.  But they never could have any.  Until one day after a meteor shower left an abandoned little baby in a krater on their land.  Martha felt strongly that the baby boy was meant to be their's, and so they raised their adopted son.  Martha and Jonathan taught Clark strong moral values, to be kind, reject evil, and help others in need.  They raised Superman!


I like to think that Superman chose to use his powers for good, were in part credit to the wisdom of his parents.

"Hear, my son, and be wise; And guide your heart in the way." (Proverbs 23:19) 







No comments:

Post a Comment