Sunday, July 31, 2011

How shall I respond?

"Fight every battle in prayer, and you will win every time."

Jesus said, (Matthew 5:43-48) "You have heard that it was said, "Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven.  He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.  If you love those who love you, what reward will you get?  Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.""

Ephesians 2: 3-5
"All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifing the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts.  Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath.  But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions-it is by grace you have been saved."

James 4: 6-8
" 'God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.' Submit yourselves, then, to God.  Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.  Come near to God and he will come near to you. "

1 Samuel 16:7
"...The Lord does not look at the things a man looks at.  Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

Luke 23:34
"Jesus said, 'Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.'"

Help me God, cause I don't understand your ways all the time.  I love you so much.  You are amazing!  Thank you for saving me from myself!  As you said on the cross, "It is finished" your finished work has freed me!! Give me your strength to endure and continue to proclaim who you are.  All for Your glory, never for myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment