Monday, January 24, 2011

Christ's power

"But he said to me, ' My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."(2 Corinthians 12:9)

This weekend was amazing.  I am proud of my husband for following the will of God with me in standing before our church and confessing his sins with me to proclaim the power of Christ.  I felt his love and protection, just as I feel the love of God.  I just have to brag on him!  In our weakness together, we were made stronger!! I am so proud of my husband, for giving himself for me and for the sake of God's kingdom!

Ephesians 5:25 commands, "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her." Christ died that we might live, He humbled himself to the cross.  Christian husbands, you have the incredible task of humbling yourself for your wife's sake!  For me, I pray that I might heed the instruction, Ephesians 5:22 "Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord."

I have to say, that as much as I wanted Zach to do card board testimony with me, I did allow him to make that descision on his own.  Throughout the week, I found myself holding my tonge, wanting to tell him it was the right thing to do!  I remembered something my cousin Ana did one time when I went fishing with her and her husband, Mike, one summer.  We had driven up to a lake to go fishing, and Mike said when we got there that it may start to storm, and we should not go out.  It seemed to me and Ana that it was not about to storm, and we wanted to go out on the lake since we had driven so far!  I said to Ana, "Tell him we should go out, we have time!" Ana said calmly, "It has to be his idea."

I was pretty floored, when he finally said, "Ok, lets go out just a little ways, so we will have the chance to get in if it starts to rain."

I looked at Ana and asked, "Does that work every time??" (Me, not being married yet).  She smiled and said, "No, but if I had told him what to do, that would have just made him mad and we would be back in the car right now." Then she said, "I know he really wants to take us out on the lake, it just needs to be on his terms."

How amazing!! Now, I am not saying I was perfect in submitting to my husband this week.  In fact, I confess that I was starting to make suggestions as to what his testimony should say when he told me he was not sure about the right words to use.  But in the end, it was on his terms, in his own words.  I will get better as I go along in our marriage. I have faith, just like Ana, that he really wants my best interest at heart.

1 comment:

  1. I watched that cardboard testimony video you linked, what a cool concept! That must have been a very powerful experience.

    ReplyDelete