Sunday, December 30, 2012

Let's be awesome while we wait

My 2 year old nephew and his mom sing a song they learned on Yo Gabba Gabba that is to the tune of London Bridge is Falling Down:

Let's be awesome while we wait
While we wait 
While we wait
Let's be awesome while we wait
For our ** whatever it is we are waiting for** (usually 'dinner' or 'table' at a restaurant) 


2012 is about to end, and 2013 is just about to begin.   Looking ahead to a whole new year of unknowns, of most likely more waiting.  I start to get fidgety, I start to squirm a little.  I have the occasional tantrum.  But my God is so patient with me.

The words, Let's be awesome while we wait. Whisper in my head.  Let's be awesome while we wait.  I am faithful, I am powerful, I put the stars in the sky and I know them by name.  And most of all, I love you so very much.  So let's be awesome while we wait, my child, my daughter.  I created all things to serve a purpose, the stars shine for my glory and so can you.  Be salt.  Be light.  Trust me.  Let us be AWESOME while we wait.  


New Year's resolutions are, for me, typically forgotten by February.  But I am hoping not to forget this one.  My New Year's resolution for 2013: I will be awesome for God while I wait for Him.  Whatever that looks like.  I will strive to have a great attitude at work, to support my husband, to pray for my husband and family and friends, to seek God's will for my moment by moments, to invite others to Him, even to have a better diet and exercise!  Only by God's grace! haha!  So I sing it proudly back, Let's be awesome while we wait, while we wait, while we wait!   In Jesus' Name Amen!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful theme to strive after! Been thinking of y'all lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually an original uh, composition (seems like such a lofty word for such a silly, albeit lovely, song)! http://www.myspace.com/yogabbagabbaofficial/music/songs/let-s-be-awesome-while-we-wait-89007249

    But pedantic correction aside, what a wonderful, joyous post. :)

    ReplyDelete