Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Love does not demand it's own way, for everyday.

Beginning this week, the Holy Spirit speaking to me in an annoying situation ( I won't say difficult, because it is too minor an issue).  It struck me how simple His words and message is sometimes in our light and momentary struggles.  While praying this morning hearing His voice, "Love does not demand its own way." over and over.  This 1 Cor. 13 passage, not even the entire set of verses we hear often at weddings, but rarely quoted on a Tuesday morning before work!  Just, "love does not demand its own way."  Reminds me never to stick my faith in a box, but that it should spill over.  My job is my mission field, and I am called to Love each person I come across with the same love Christ has for that person.

Shaking off the work day last night, going to the church.  Following Jesus is not a "me" thing, it is a "we" thing.  And just like centuries and centuries of Christ followers before me, Zach and I get together with fellow Christians for prayer and fellowship.  And we talk about real life together and pray and look into His word.  It is just daily life made purposeful by Him.  (Jeremiah 33:3) "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unreachable things you do not know."

God Answers Prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment