Friday, April 27, 2012

Early Happy Mother's Day!

With Mother's Day just around the corner, I think God placed the perfect find in my path at the exact, right time.  Last week, I was at my mom and dad's house looking for printer paper in the desk drawers of the upstairs computer desk, and I stumbled upon a sheet of notebook paper with something in my mother's handwriting.

I am not sure when she wrote this, it was not dated.  It was next to a paper dated 1991.  My mom is SUCH a blessing to me.  She does for her children what any great mom does, she prays for them. The way mom prays in this letter, is a perfect example of how God LOVES to hear us pray.  Not for selfish ambitions, or personal gain, but in honest desire for HIM!  For our spirits and our hearts, to know Him and know what is True!  As I read this, I am in awe of how God has answered her prayers for me in my life.  God is good! The following is what she wrote:


                "  My Prayers for Dan, Haley, Aubrey

That nothing will hender them from accepting Christ early in their lives. Matthew 19:13

That they will know God and have the desire to do His Will. Psalm 119:27

That they have a genuine love for God, for His Word and that would be the basis for making decisions. Ecc. 12:1

That they will have a sense of what is right and wrong. Romans 12:9

That they will increase mentally, physically, spiritually and socially. Luke 2:52

That they will develop a thankful heart and positive attitude. Psalms 26:2-3

That they are protected from Satan and evil. John 17:55

That God will destroy the enemies in their lives (selfishness, disobedience..) Psalm 120:2

That they will be successful in the world God has planned for them. Psalm 118:25

That they will have a strong sense of belonging to our loving family.Psalm 113 "

What a great find!  Thank you, mom! I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment